Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Would-Alice In Chains

2 summons,and probably another..
failing to display a proper parking coupon,one was negligence-i booked the season parking for both my scoots conveniently at an axs machine,but i failed to check that i actually,mistakenly booked a spot for Bella the Vespa at her former sheltered carpark at Pasir Ris.the other parking ticket that i received was,on some particular afternoon weeks back,i actually slipped a used parking coupon to save myself 65cents.yes i wasn't thinking straight i know.
it wasn't really alright as it caused quite a stir earlier this morning,i went down to the local town council for assistance but i was shocked to see the bloody long queue which snaked around the line heading towards the counter,and an additional panic when i saw on a neat,bright colored sign just before the queue lines,stating that the carpark which nests both the lovely scoots was actually out of spot-FULLY BOOKED-in bold.stunned i was contemplating whether to leave the place or join in the line of angry bunch of folks.i decided to hop in and when my turn arrived,it was about 10 minutes later,and i explained to the lady behind the counter about my sorry story.initially,she told me there,yes,there weren't any spot left,but since she checked my records and me being clumsy and dumb of wrongfully booked the wrong spot at the wrong estate altogether,she gave me a lending hand and booked both the scoots for another two months which costs me $63.00.she typed a report,photocopied the tickets and all done.she told me to write an appeal letter since my case is genuinely dumb,was that what she said?i think..
for the other ticket which i got in the north,i have paid via the cashless system and the irony was how i explained this whole sad story to my wife over dinner at the lagoon in east coast earlier this evening,when i suddenly remembered that i've forgotten to place a valid parking coupon when everybody knows that particular carpark is an inevitable hotspot-the carpark marshals actually stationed themselves there the whole time,but i could not find a ticket when we returned to the scoot-nothing,but two bikes on the right,a ticket was rolled and tucked between a bike's brake lever-but i couldn't find mine or maybe i was lucky,or maybe not,we'll find out soon.

Help me Obiwan,you're my only help...

No comments: