Sunday, 10 August 2008

Needles & Pins-Ramones

day 2 at the acupuncture's joint-i was electrified again!

yeah,despite the busy schedule,i managed to visit and got the personal feel of the exotic pricks-acupuncture!

was introduced by my colleague,we actually visit the acupuncturist during lunch hour the other day-and despite the 'piercing' look,it's not actually as painful as it seems.just felt like an ant bite or so to say.when i first stepped into the clinic,i must say it looked pretty much like an ordinary clinic,only that most of the signages and directions on the walls,even the pictorials of human body are labelled in chinese.herbs in phat containers and idols adorned the shelves,and i'm the only one out,well except me and my filipino compadre larry,who was busy focusing his football on psp.
-my neighbourhood g.p. who diagnosed me with osteo athritis or O.A. in short,said it's gonna take a long while to recover,no running or swimming but i could proceed with cycling which she added is good for me.

-the acupuncturist on the other hand,said NO exercise of any form,but when i told him about the cycling challenge this month end,he said,my knee should be well by then.

so i like to stick to the acupuncturist's instructions-a more feasible plan.and being comparative with both visit-the g.p. gave me 2 days mc,painkillers for 3 days and a soothing gel which don't improve my knee pain-except for me idling for two days of course.the acupuncturist visit actually have a better progress;it's less painful now,i can actually bend and stretch my knee with only a slight pain now,lookin good!

the method the acupuncturist used-about 5-6 needles around the knee area,and applied electrolysis current for about 10 minutes,and after he removed the needles,he rubbed some cooling ointment and then start direct massaging onto the area-and believe me-it's painful.once done,he cupped the affected areas with bamboo containers.about shortly after that,he applied green ointment around my knee and wrapped it up with a bandage.prescribed some weird,sand like herbs which is to be mixed in a cup of hot water and drink.and yes it's not sweet.

and earlier this morning was my 2nd visit,my third will be this wednesday.hope and pray my knee will be in good form again.

No comments: