Saturday, 17 October 2009

Gimme One Reason-Tracy Chapman

my scooter stalled again last evening after i rescued Minerva's dad,whom scooter also stalled on his way back home after a long day at work.how ironic.how sad.how angry and displeased i was with only just days before i've collected my scoot from the workshop and the crazy bill that was imposed on me.

we called up the workshop,still controlling my emotions,i talked to the mechanic,explaining the situation and he told me to switch batteries with dad's.
but nothing could be done until the tow truck arrived,which came and by then was hours later.and when i tried to extract the battery from the complicated compartment of the scooter,the driver told me he had to rush to Jurong island and asked me if it is possible if he leave the scooters at the carpark and he'll come to tow it on sunday instead,which was of course alright with me and also will allow me ample time to unscrew and figure out how to dismantle the battery from it's obscure nest and also will let me examine the problems further -only if the problems easy enough for me to rectify.

but i was wrong.with all the screws that me,dad & minerva had loosened and only one with a worn out thread that halted us,and without that one screw removed,it was totally impossible to remove the cover.italian's scooters were design for one thing-complication.
and so after hours of toil and sweat we decided to quit and return home with a heavy heart and soiled palms and by then it was already past midnite.

this morning,as i was thinking of the situation the phone rang and the good mechanic was on the other line,told me to go to ah boy's and purchase a similar battery and try to install it myself
which i agreed and right after dzuhr prayers we hailed a cab down to kelantan lane where ah boy asked,"lu mau taiwan ke jipon made?"
of course i chose the latter,even at discounted price it was about double the price of taiwan's but ah boy whipped out additional free throttle grips and some other freebies into the bag and letting his 'rough-looking' sleeve tatooed assistant to explain to me the procedures of filling up the acid in to the battery.

we then jumped into a cab which shielded us from the scorching heat and got us back by 2pm.

and now as i type this,we're awaiting for the battery, and of course the result when i finally hooked it up onto my scoot.

hopefully it'll be fine..........

Lim Ah Boy. 3 Kelantan Lane, Tel: 62967914, 62968035--if you wanna get bike stuffs and all-your one stop place and they're even open on major public hols and sundays.

happy deepavali folks!


No comments: