Monday, 26 October 2009

Maria Maria-Santana

i don't really know who to point my finger to as i made a turn and the engine croaked, jerked and gone dead as it gradually slide at the side of the road until i slowly pulled the brake levers and hit the hazard lights.
I laughed.oh no i was angry and again i had to push it to the nearest sheltered multi storey car park,undo my helmet,took a peek under it and already a small pool of petrol collected underneath on the floor dripping directly from the greasy carburetor.i removed my electric shades,rubbed off the sweat and moist off my forehead,and called my wife to rescue me who came along about 10 minutes later with her dad,and sent me to work,which already by then i had no motivation to do anything.
i did all the work that needed to be done and once all were completed i sneaked off earlier than usual.took a cab home which cost me about $7.00.
washed myself up,put on nice gear and we rode off on dad's scoot and went down to china square and checked out the flea market,where we met El Nazir and Heedaya who walked with us awhile and parted ways.and despite the scooter trouble which was knocking my spirits down,the flea market trip actually lighten up whatever which was left on that sunday afternoon.some kinda therapy,yes it was-it's actually exciting,as we move slowly from table to table,slowly looking and admiring the bargainable toys,used clothings,accessories and various other weird and strange stuffs;some which actually brought me back to my childhood days,and though we only bought a little Mars Attack figurine,i felt happy and looking forward to our next return.
we went around town and ended up at beach road 'army market',despite the heat and cramped up narrow walkway,we marched our way through and bumped onto a nice looking old school school bag in military green and got it for only $16 after bargaining with the old man who was really happy enough to rid off the bag as he claimed was the only last one available after so many years hanging on the makeshift hooks above.a good buy,and we went for our dinner @simpang bedok and return home to get ourselves ready for the big game that night.

it was a tough match at Anfield last night though many would blame the poor referee over certain controversial issues but Liverpool managed to overcome the devils with a wonderful strike by Nando Torres and another by Ngog,who slipped the ball at stoppage time.
it was actually a win worth celebrating.

it was a Super Sunday despite the scooter breakdown.

No comments: