Sunday, 21 March 2010

Time-Pink Floyd

i woke up late this morning,an hour and half late but good thing everything was ran good by colleagues at work,got all our things done quickly and we watched the day went by and by the time we knew it was already time for us to leave and i've already made plans with my wife at home,to fetch her quick and made a dash down to serangoon north for a cat show,and as i left in a haste i looked over my shoulders,dark clouds were already forming but i just moved on and started the vespa,the need for speed has already racing in me,and by the time i hit the main road,it was already drizzling which developed into a heavier drizzle and i have no shield on my face except for my shades,the rain piercing the flesh,i was drenched in cold hard rain,it was pouring heavily,i revved the throttle after a junction turning into tampines town,and that's when i felt something was odd,i was speeding but i felt drifting,i could not feel the brakes,Bella was dangerously uncontrollable,i could not see anything on the rear view mirror,the rain impaired my visual,PANIC!it struck me,i was unsure whether i was thinking straight,my mind could not coordinate with my senses,i was swaying,wobbling,i was real sure i was gonna crash and then knocked down & rolled by the vehicles behind me,i could not feel a thing,i thought i was goin' down,until...i put a grip on myself,tried to pull the brakes but still it was swaying,cars and trucks zoomed past me,mixture of raindrops and coldsweat running down my face,gotta do something!stop this quick!focus!FOCUS!FOCUS!!!
if it wasn't divine intervention then it was simply incredible,i should have been someplace i never intend to be,at high speed,in split seconds,on totally wet slippery road,and the brakes insupportive,with quick reaction but was quite reluctant and unsure i placed both foot on the hard tar,trying to control the machine,bringing it back to balance pressurizing and sacrificing my white adidas stan smith and ignoring all the fast vehicles behind me.and by the sweet name of God,i managed to stop the italian,and due to shock i was still revving the throttle as i stood up and turned around and watched all impending danger avoiding me as i pushed the scooter from the center of the road to the side,put it on stand and inspecting and saw my rear tyre was flat.for moments,i stood in the rain,with no shelter and the rain poured over me,i was in a miserable state,even the mobile phone was wet and my Armani Exchange shades was broken.
i was still in disbelieve and in total state of shock.those folks in the cars all turned around to look at me,in the rain,with a flat tyre in front of a big field and no shelter except for a tiny tree beside me.i dial up a friend for a lift but he was occupied with stuffs which gave me no choice but to push the scooter all the way to a gas station which was about 500 metres away,i can't call the tow truck they charge crazy charges on sundays and holidays,had no choice,oh boy it was real heavy,i was panting and it really drained down my energy,and i had to stop numerous times,reload some power and push it slowly to the gas station and when i got there i tried to fill her up with air,but after countless times i was convinced that there's a punctured hole somewhere.the weather by then turned from wet to pure sizzling heat.i pushed Bella to a carpark opposite the station,emptied all my stuffs into the helmet carrier,peeled an overnighter coupon and left the place,left me no choice but to call the tow truck tomorrow.after about 10 minutes walk,the loving wife then came along fetching me on her cute green Picanto.

but still,i'm a very fortunate guy.
Phew,Thank God i was alright!

No comments: