Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Don't Stop The Music-Rihanna

Woke to the alarm clock blaring furiously at 5.15am and i had to pry my tired eyes open,draggin' my bones to the showers each morning for the past 3 days in which normal circumstance i won't possibly commit to begin the day that early.
but by the today,i was already wilingly following the pattern and tucking myself into the blue uniform and heavy boots and no matter how hard i've tried to keep myself neat i'll ended up sloppy.and everything seems fine and only the journey to the camp which i prayed each day that i won't be caught into some mess especially with the bloody heavy morning traffic on the BKE highway and i simply hate those malaysian notorious two wheelers tailgaters and hoggin' daredevils & speed demon maniacs,buzzin' past and squeezin'into every single space they could find on the already bad road situation.

The in-camp training that we underwent wasn't that bad as i thought,so far.and there were about 80 folks who were scheduled for the make up training and in my lovely team,we formed a group of mere 3 reluctant signallers which our daily duties throughout were just attending refresher lessons which we ended up either dozing off and snoring away.we had plenty of tea breaks or simply waiting for something to happen,or if not just watching the time moving slowly.

and the only action that i saw,was earlier in the late afternoon today where me together with 8 others (among the 80 men)underwent the IPPT.everything was ok-the sit up,standing broad jump,shuttle run,pull up,but as we drawing close to the starting line of the 2.4km run,my knees was wobbling,i was fidgety and my hands were clammy and my God was my heart throbbing mad.i was nervous.nervous that i might screw up and bail out halfway.NO i don't wanna fail this one,especially after i've been putting SO much effort,all the regular run and my midweek swim,I CAN'T FAIL!i kept telling myself not to think so much but as i ran i was panting and felt short of breath,like an asthmatic,i was not in the usual rhythm,i was in bad shape,and everytime i past a marshal dude,who was clapping and mumbling some motivations which i didn't paid attention to,i was gasping for breath and i felt like my lungs gonna burst,My God!every turn seemed so far away,and each time i tried to stay focus i couldn't until i thought of the consequence if i fail this one,and i thought of my wife,and at the last turn towards the end point,i whispered to God to give me strength,i unleashed all the energy that i had,and sprinted,spreading my legs wider,my palms cutting the air,running with all my might,like a gazelle,like Usain Bolt,i ran like HELL!!!!

Run Forest Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and right at the finishing line i glanced at the led screen-12.53s.that's the fatboy record today.and i really felt like vomiting but i didn't.instead,after calming and cooling myself,walked towards the physical instructor who was behind the counter,gave him my name and id as he checked the tabulated score,he looked up and gave me a smile and my result was pass with an incentive!
YAhOO!
i can't believe my ears but it paid off well,Alhamdulillah.but that's not over,i've gotta lost the fats hugging my waistline,i hope i will soon.
got one more day to go tomorrow,the final day of the fabulous in camp training,and i'm really looking forward to the next,which will be somewhere in july next year.

Cheers SAM!

No comments: