Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Billie Jean

not really a-happy-monday mood today.
plenty of jobs to be done for this upcoming weekend,thought that i could just switch into a relax mode but i was wrong.

i was alone,and was doing my job when a colleague came,not only he disrupted my attention,but irritatingly he asked why was i doing the work alone?i smiled and continued with my work.
then made me thinking,my mind was engulfed in a turmoil of rage,with flames and flashes of lightnings.i wasn't sane at that particular time.still with my work,but my mind was somehow persuading me to leave and get a new job.A NEW JOB?this is my first job right after national service,and it's not the first time i had stupid people questioning stupid questions about my job.NO,i love this job.to many,the job that i have is tough.yes it is tough.but we practised flexibility.and i'm not desk bound and i don't have to answer stupid office errands.

some best things about my job-
1)8 working hours,2 shifts,am and pm-for example-am shift,on a weekday,report at 10am,switch on console,and there we go,an hour of breakfast.work for an hour,then we go for our lunch,which is around an hour and a half to two hours,come back and continue our routine and we'll stop by 5pm,a tea time break and off we go.so lemme see,about four hours of real work.that's something huh.
2)we were given uniforms,from t-shirts,to collars,jerseys and even jackets,and not forgetting caps with our company emblem printed or embroidered,but we choose to go barebody,hey it's a resort,man!
3)i got a place to crash.
4)always,not only brush shoulders with celebrities,but mingle with them as well.not ALL are stuck up,ok.(heard rumours the company bringing in chemical romance,fergie,paul anka and megadeth,YES!)the last event i did,Zachary Mosalle was the emcee and he was a truly nice person,giving tips and sharing personal experiences.
5)put up cool events.like And1 3 on 3 challenge,extreme sports competitions (which include skateboarding),concerts(barney,sesame street,circus,rock,hip hop,retro) and CosFest or costume festival which is held every year and the next one will be this weekend,and that's when i could actually get up close and personal with many anime,fantasy characters which include Star Wars.yeah!
6)we got so many freebies,posters,stickers,goodie bags,prizes,event t-shirts!
7)my working team are really FUN people!2 crazy filipino jokers,1 javanese and one hot tempered indian old man...

and that's just 7.plenty others.well there are many who come and go,with 'reasons' like, "There're so many 'politics' in this company,i can't take it.."
"i'm so stressed out!"
"she's a bitch!"
dumb excuses.
if you leave a company,because you wanna avoid the web of 'politics' or 'conflicts',my best bet is,you will still bump into and get all sticky with all that.hey!open yours wide,it's everywhere!
it's either you can't perform well,you can't deliver your job or you don't have funky friends to work with.Get a life,lazy bum!


i am sticking to my job,and i'm proud of it.
what don't kill me,makes me stronger!

No comments: