Tuesday, 10 July 2007

My Sacrifice

only yesterday i moaned about how sometimes work could drive me insane,or how sometimes people i work with could drive me nuts.and it's not only that,it could even sometimes affect my emotions.and worst,my personal life.

and if i quit my job,where the hell am i going to?i don't own high flying papers that allow me to hop and with the current situation i'm in,i could bury myself six feet under.and everything in this small piece of country is all about money,and it ain't cheap with the recent rise of GST.sometimes,how i wish i have a boat,not a big one,so as long its in a working condition and have ample room for my itchy feet to move around onboard,then i could just sail around and fish.yes,i've always have this love and passion for the sea,and that's why i took up diving and pleasure craft licence.but diving is so costly while owning a boat will cost me a bomb,so the closest that i could get,is hanging around at pasir ris beach,witnessing the sunset and imagining myself on a boat.*duh*

i was so depressed last night,and right after work,i took a stroll down the asphalt pavement of pasir ris park,a yellow water bottle in my left hand,while the other clinging on a lighted cigarette.i felt so pissed off,with everything which seemed to go against me.i walked without a direction and soon ended up at the waterbreaker.the place was suprisingly quiet.i was all alone.i sat,on the cold hard surface of the waterbreaker and start re-assessing my problems one at a time.it started drizzling a lil bit and occasional wind shook the trees behind.lighted another marlboro,my tired eyes gazed at the sea across me.it was low tide,and the sea was dead calm and pitch black.pulau ubin looked like a long stretch of graveyards,the skies above was red and angry.and then i quit thinking,i don't wanna prolong the pain.i just kept quiet.and deep inside,i just prayed to God,for peace and tranquil,to free me and the rest of the believers on earth from all the complications of life.and after a while,i forgot that i was all alone,and a glance on my wristwatch indicated that it's midnight.whoo!i've sat there for quite some time and decided to head back before i got devoured by any sea serpents or water breaker ghosts.
the gate was locked when i arrived,so i had to walk a big round to get to my crib.

earlier this morning,we hastily put aside everthing that needed to be done,and by afternoon,everything was ready and perfect as planned.

plan.everything is about proper planning and essential in every aspects of life.and that at least i've learnt and in fact still learning.
plan b.it's something that we all should do when something or somebody screw up your plan.

and all of that won't happen if we don't have the Blessings and Grace of God.
just before i left for work,my bosses called me from far,
with big smiles,they drawed their hands to shook mine.
i was caught in big suprise in just a b-ball shorts that cover my sweaty body.
and i swear my bosses are aliens that could scan and read minds.
my prayers answered on this beautiful historical tuesday.

i got a promotion.
Alhamdulillah.

No comments: