Friday, 14 September 2007

You Showed Me

it was the first day of the holy ramadan.i felt real weak today,my eyes were droppy and i yawned every 30 seconds,the heat from the sun also weakened my strength today,my throat was as dry as a desert,hey,it's just the first day.

i ate with my family back home,i drank a lot of water,damn i was VERY,VERY thirsty.i remembered when i was a child,ebok would roll a ball of rice and after reciting the breaking fast prayers,she would feed me marking the end of a day's fast.i chuckled.and soon after dinner,i crept into the bed and dozed off,i was real tired and when i opened my eyes it was 10.30pm,ebok wanted to packed some lauk and rice but i insisted on keropoks and goreng pisang instead.i told her,i am not going to be hungry,just thirsty.not even cravings to smoke,just thirsty,and tomorrow we goin back down,uphill fort canning,it's gonna be a real challenge.but nothing is gonna break me,that i promise.

i was on my way back to pasir ris,i rode real slow,i was still groggy and at the same time enjoying the night breeze,exited the highway and it was rather quiet with few vehicles on the road zoomed past me,as i made a turn and along this road which is by this huge factory,i jammed break...i almost ran over her,i stopped dead on my track,she just looked and walked without muttering a word.good thing there's no vehicle behind me,i was too shock to say anything,i didn't see her crossing,she was wearing dark clothes,a dark jacket with 'temasek polytechnic' printed on the back and good thing i wasn't speeding,coz if i did,i won't be able to stop on time and that might be the end of either 3 of us.her.me or my scoot.dumb girl,she's so careless.

do you believe in angels?
i do.and you should too.

No comments: